Thursday, September 11, 2008

Finally...a blog!


After much "encouragement" from others, I have decided it is time for me to do a blog for our family. Heaven knows I am not doing scrapbooking for my own family right now, so this will have to be the replacement for a while. Please be patient as I try to get things "beautified" a little more.


For the record, let me update my info on my family. Rob and I have been married for 12 years. We currently live in Herriman, Utah with our 4 cute kiddos. Cayden is 8 years old and is our sweet big boy. He is a sensitive sweet kid that loves friends and family. He is SO smart, especially in math (did NOT get that gene from me). He is a great big brother to all of those darn sisters. He is currently playing soccer which he loves and is also taking piano lessons which he is doing great at (he DID get that gene from me :o) and also loves scouts. Ashlee is one of our twins. She is 6 years old and in the first grade. Ashlee keeps life more entertaining than I can put into words. The "Ashlee-isms" could make up a whole blog on their own! She currently makes us aware that she "hates stupid freaking school" but I don't think she hates it at all...in fact, she is doing great. Ashle was diagnosed with high functioning autism when she was 3 which changed our lives. It is a daily struggle, but we have learned so much and love Ashlee. She loves to swim, play, and is our complete animal lover. She is waiting for a miracle when the rest of her family isn't allergic to pets so she can have one. McKell is also 6 and is our little mother and helper. She is a sweetheart...most of the time. She is very nurturing and loving. She just started piano and is doing great. She also finally got to start taking dance - ballet and tap, and is in the height of her glory! Sadie is our little sunshine baby. She just turned one and is definitely loved by her older siblings. She has been such a joy to all of us. She definitely has a mischevous naughty side and some serious attitude, but she is so much fun. She is 'crusing' along the furniture almost ready to walk and has 4 new teeth coming in. OUCH! Rob works for IMFT (Intel Micorn Flash Technologies) in Lehi, formerly Micron. We lived in Boise for 6 years and then moved back to Utah 4 years ago. Rob enjoys work and has one of those genious brains that I cannot understand. He currently teaches Elders Quorum in our ward which he is excellent at. In his "spare" time (HA) he plays X-Box with his brothers, hangs out with the family, watches movies, and reads. Finally, there is me. I keep pretty darn busy with the little rugrats. They currently go to a charter school that is a half hour away so I am in the car a lot. I run a scrapbook business out of my home where I sell premade layouts etc. on ebay and do custom work as well. It is a lot of fun and I enjoy getting to bring in a little extra 'play' money. I am currently serving as the primary president in our ward which is also a lot of fun. We have awesome kids in our primary! I rarely have spare time, but when I do, I love to spend it with family, gardening, crafting, and definitely girls night with Juliann...that is a whole other post in and of itself.

So, that pretty much catches us up. We're a crazy bunch but we love each other and feel very blessed to have each other.

No comments: