Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sunshine, popsicles, and a new pool!

Summer break has finally arrived! School is out and we are ready for a fun summer! Today was a very hot day, the kids were getting antsy, so we took a trip to the store. We stocked up on popsicles, (my kids love the twin pops) and a new pool. It isn't anything expensive or fancy, but it does the job.

We got it blown up, filled with water, and in no time, I had 4 little happy fish eating popsicles and playing in the water. It brought a smile to my face that something so simple could bring such joy to my kids. It also made me so happy to see them playing together, laughing, splashing, jumping, and truly enjoying being children.

Here's to a great summer!
This picture truly cracks me up! I recently bought Sadie a "shampoo hat" to wear in the bath tub. She wears it when I rinse the shampoo out of her hair and it is supposed to help the water from going in her eyes. I found her little white sun hat to help keep the sun out of her eyes. But a few minutes later, she came inside, walked upstairs to the bathroom, and came downstairs looking like this. She told me she needed the white hat to keep the sun out, and her "shampoo hat" to keep the water out. She keeps us laughing!
McKell loves being in the summer sun!
Cayden thinks it is great fun to torment his little sisters, and he does a great job of it. But deep down, he loves them and they love him.
This picture just makes me laugh so hard! So typical of Ashlee. She LOVES water more than any child I have ever seen. So a pool is heaven for her! She found this ridiculous troll doll and had a great time with him in the pool.
Sweet little Sadie Jayne
Pool time is THE BEST!!


No comments: