Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mommy and McKell Date

McKell and I have been doing "Mommy and McKell days" for quite some time. It is a special time for just her and me to spend together. McKell often times gets overlooked because of the demands that we have with Ashlee. So a few years ago, I made it a point to have special times just with McKell. She looks forward to these times with such excitement and joy. I do too.

This time around, we had a fun evening together. First, we went thrift store shopping - something she loves to do with me. We were looking for some baby clothes for our new little guy coming soon. McKell left the store with a new doll that she named "Cassie". After that, we headed to dinner at Mimi's Cafe in South Jordan. McKell thought it was extra special that she got to order whatever she wanted off the kids' menu and didn't have to share. She was such a little lady. We had fun talking about school, friends, etc. This is one of the reasons I love doing these one-on-one dates with the kids - I get to see a whole different side of their personalities when they are alone. After dinner, we got ice cream and then headed home.

It was a really fun night with my sweet little McKell.

No comments: