Friday, March 20, 2009

Catching Up...

Sadie loves her "Papa" - She actually said his name for the first time last week. It made his day!
This is Sadie and her cousin Katie. Sadie thought it was marvelous to have another little person her same size running around Grandma's house! The girls are about 4 months apart (Katie apparently got in line first for the hair in heaven!) This picture above is of Sadie trying to imitate Katie who sucks her thumb. It was hilarious!

Sadie just could not get enough "ah....loves" from Katie.


I have been a blog slacker! I have been so busy, so pardon my catching up today. Check out all of my new posts.

Here are just a few random updates from the Peacocks.

Rob's pay cut has slammed us hard! We know, we know, we know, we are very blessed to even have a job. I really do know this. But it is still difficult, especially with baby #5 on the way, 2 kids in braces, ear tubes needed, etc. The good thing is that we know we will make it through it and be blessed. It has been a good opportunity as a family to discuss the things that are really important and realize how wasteful we can be.

Cayden is doing great and hitting the pre-puberty stride already. Big time attitude these days! We are practicing patience on a daily basis. But he is a great kid and we are proud of him and his great work in school, piano, and scouts. He is very excited to get to start soccer this week again. He loves soccer!

Ashlee & McKell did their ocean life unit in school this past month and had their big 1st grade culminating event this week. This meant that I got to do not just one, but TWO full blown ocean dioramas! Lucky me! The girls loved doing this and did a great job. Yesterday, the parents got to come to school and view all of the kids' dioramas and then vote on which one they liked the best. I'm sure everyone voted for their own kid. I did. McKell was so sweet because she mostly wanted Ashlee to win. I assured them that it didn't matter who won. But that they both did a great job.

Sadie has had a rough week, but has smiled through most of it. Last Friday, I finally took her in to the doctor and she has yet another set of ear infections. It has only bee a few weeks since the last one. The doctor recommended that we start looking into tubes for her. Ugggh. We hoped that we would get past that with Sadie, but I guess not. The good news is that she made it miles longer than any of our other kids. Sadie also started nursery this past Sunday. I stayed in there with her the whole time and she did GREAT! She has darling nursery leaders that just got put in. She was mostly fascinated with the bubbles and the crying kids. It was like she just couldn't figure out why they would be crying! She is our little climber so we had to pull her off the table quite a few times. She loved snack time with a real cup and loved coloring and singing time. It was so strange to see my baby already old enough to be in nursery! Unfortunately, she has been sick ever since with a bad cold and cough. It has been a very sleepless week for us.

I am doing okay. I am definitely feeling pregnant! As forseen, I am starting to have real issues with my back from the car accident. As the baby continues to get bigger, it will continue to put more and more pressure on the disc in my back that is messed up. I honestly don't know how I am going to do this for another 4 months as it gets worse. OUCH! I also have come down with Sadie's cold and feel pretty lousy. Pregnancy colds are the worse because you already can't sleep, and you can't take any cold medicine, so you're kind of stuck. BLAH! The baby is doing great and moving around like crazy. He is a kicker! Rob and the kids should be able to start feeling him kick now.

I did finally get my hair done this week. Juliann is the BEST! Well worth the trip to Kaysville! It was funny because when I got home, McKell immediately said, "Mom, it sure doesn't look like you got a haircut to me!" (Unless there are 6 inches hacked off, it isn't a true haircut to McKell!) She then said, "But I can see she definitely 'striped' it." - This referring the new highlights, weave etc. The next morning, McKell woke up and looked at me and said again, "Yep, she definitely 'striped' it!" Oh my funny girl!!

So, that is the update for this week.






Ashlee & McKell and their ocean life dioramas. Aren't they GREAT!?




Ashlee and her wonderful teachers, Mrs Riches and Ms Matheson





McKell with her awesome teachers Mrs Stoll and Ms Bond.

1 comment:

Juliann said...

You need to post a picture of your HAIR!!! DUH! :)