Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Valentines Decor

So Valentines Day is upon us and I've got the house all decked out and full of LOVE! Here are a few fun new things. Above is a banner that I made with my friends Dorey and Regina. It says XOXO. I used some really cool textured paper. I really love the black red and turquoise combo.

Below is a banner on my mantle that read "be mine".
My very talented friend, Dorey, came up with this fun idea. She made me a great Witch book at Halloween and for Valentine's we made these fun books. They are made from old Reader's Digest books that are distressed and covered and decorated. The idea is that you can put the valentines you receive in the pages. SO cute!

This is my mantle.
So I am ALL about doing fun centerpieces that are inexpensive. I got these vases, shredded metallic red paper, ribbon, and fun glitter heart picks all at the dollar store.
Another fun idea with a vase. I just filled it full of Conversation hearts and put some glitter heart picks in it.
This is one of my favorite new additions to my Valentines decor. I got the idea of Becky Higgins web site. I did a little photoshopping to make these pictures and then hung them on my plate rack. They say "Love One Another".
Another fun decoration. I LOVE these new glittered chipboard decorations from Walmart!
Gotta love thrift store finds! I found these cute berry topiaries last week and they look great on my mantle!
This is my sofa table in my entry way.
I found these cool flowers on clearance at Roberts after Christmas. I got the placemat from Kohls and the cool old clock from a thrift store!
So this is a fun new craft that I did. You can use lace doilies or hearts cut out of different pattern paper.
I decided to do a Valentine's tree this year. It is lots of fun and we all love it.

2 comments:

Angie said...

okay, so if my kids come knocking at your door, PLEASE send them home! I have one V-day decoration and it is LAME, and if they see yours, I will not hear the end of it!
They are so cute, you are very talented!

Stacy said...

Very cute!