Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sunday Smiles

My friend, LaShel, has a great blog. It is so fun to read about her family and what they are up to. It's fun to keep track of how they are doing. But more than that, I have been inspired by something that LaShel does. Each week she does an entry on her blog called "Sunday Smiles". In this, she documents things that made her smile during the week. They aren't big things, but just the simple things that we often times take for granted. Sometimes they are things that don't really warrant a smile, but you somehow manage to smile anyway. So with her permission, I have decided to follow suit and do my own Sunday Smiles.

Here is what made me smile this week:

I smiled when Rob watched the kids last Sunday so I could get a much needed nap. I was still recovering from a nasty bout of strep throat and needed a nap desperately!

I smiled when Sadie stayed in nursery by herself for 3 straight weeks! I also smiled that the reason for this success is because McKell has been taking her instead of us. Who knew?

I smiled when we fed Jaxson his first rice cereal and he ate like a champ! Nothing like seeing a little human being eat food for the first time!

I smiled when I saw my Dad at our school for the Veteran's Day program.

I smiled when Rob and I sat and watched TV together a few times this week. I smiled when he held my hand because we didn't have any babies on our laps.

I smiled when I whacked my hair off and gave myself bangs and my girls were fascinated and amazed.

I smiled when I went on a date to Chilis with Cayden for his birthday. Just me and him. We giggled the whole way home over ridiculous and nonsense things that somehow involved the word "pee".

I smiled when I heard sweet little Sadie sing every single word to "Twinkle Twinkle" by herself and then clap and say 'YEAH!!"

I smiled when 2 different teachers at the school stopped me to tell me how much they love my children and how much they brighten their day. One of the teachers even teared up when telling me of how Ashlee kissed an "owie" on her hand and was so concerned for her. I her words, "Ashlee consistently warms my heart." Another teacher said, "McKell is so sweet and so smart. I just love her."

I smiled when I got to go observe at the girls' dance class. I smiled watching them practice their "Santa Baby" number. I smiled when McKell almost did the splits and Ashlee did a back bend all on her own.

I smiled when Sadie tried feeding pancakes to her baby brother. He was not impressed at all.

I smiled when after 4 days of work, I finally saw some empty laundry baskets!

I smiled when I saw the joy in Cayden's face when all of his friends showed up for his birthday party.

I smiled when the birthday party was over and was a success.

I smiled when it started to snow

I smiled when I made it home after going no more than 5 mph on pure black ice for 45 minutes

I smiled when I sat and watched my 3 oldest kids sing and do their parts in the primary program. I also smiled when Sadie insisted on standing on the bench during every song and lead and sing with them as well.

I smiled when we had Sunday dinner at my parents' home. There's simply nothing quite like it.

I smiled when Jaxson was talking and flirting with me tonight. He is such a sweet little guy and we love him to pieces.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Cute idea! Wow, if everyone kept track of how many times they smiled in a week no one would be depressed. That's great!

Doney Days said...

That is such a great idea! I might need to copy! :)