Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Fun

It has been quite a summer for our family! I was a little worried that we wouldn't be able to do much this summer with the new baby, but I was determined to make this a fun summer with the kids. Here are just a "few" of our adventures.
A trip to "Herriman Beach" was a big highlight. This is a new reservoir right here in little Herriman. The kids had a blast!
Uncle Jay hanging out on the rock
We went to American Fork Canyon to celebrate my nephew, Jared's, birthday. I love that canyon! It has many great memories for me. We had a great time.
Cayden loves his Uncle Jay. They are always chasing after each other and wrestling.
I just had to take this picture of Jar Bear's cute little bummy!
My cool little camper boy
My crew at the canyon. Rob stayed home with the 2 little ones.
Exploring Nature
Jules and Kyle
Jay and Jared with our "little" nephew Korbin. That kid is a CHUNK!
I took the kids to Thanksgiving Point Farm Country. Sadie was fascinated with all of the animals. Jaxson was a sweetie and slept the whole time.
The kids with the Llama. I was cracking up because as the kids were posing for this picture, the llama came over and started to try and eat Cayden's hat. It was hilarious!
Apparently this goat wanted OUT!
Ashlee, our little animal lover, befriended this cute little baby goat. It followed her all around.
My cute little blonde girls
Oh dear. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come!
The kids loves doing the pony rides.

Sadie had never been on a horse and I wasn't sure what she would think, but after it started, she just kept giggling and giggling.
My sis-in-law, Tiffany, came down with her kids for our "Week of Free Fun". We did a different "field trip" each day. On day one, we went to Wheeler Farm. The kids had a blast feeding the ducks, seeing the animals, having a picnic, going on a wagon ride, and wading in the stream. It made it extra special that Grandma came with us.














I had no part of planning these photos of the kids in the outhouse. They did the posing themselves. Kinda funny,

Sadie found a whole bunch of geese and they kept following her until she started running after them. It was hilarious to see her chase them. As you can see below, she took quite a tumble, but got right back up and was determined to catch that darn goose!


On day 2 of the week, we went to Kennecott Copper Mines to do a tour. I have lived here my whole life and have never done a tour of the mines. It was quite fascinating! The kids were amazed and thought it was all very cool. Afterwards, we had a picnic at Copperton Park.






On the evening of day 2, we headed to Herriman Beach. Grandpa, Grandma and Miki joined us. It was just a perfect evening. It wasn't crowded at all, the weather was nice, and the kids had a BLAST!









Rob got roped into building sand castles. I think he secretly loved it more than the kids.


The awesome finished product of the mote!
On day 3 of the week, we went to the Herriman splash park. The kids had a great time. Then we headed back to our home and just let the kids play. The girls had fun playing dress up and cheerleader and the boys went nuts with the light sabers.




It has been a great summer and we are sad to see it end. But we look forward to an even better summer next year!

No comments: