Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Jaxson and Great-Grandma Lucille

4th of July was literally an "Independence Day" because I was finally FREE from the hospital! I was really bummed because the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays. We usually hit the parades, fireworks, BBQ's, etc. But this year, I celebrated in a hospital bed in the maternity ward and Rob celebrated by taking care of a sick little 23 month old at home. We decided to at least try to make it feel like a holiday so when Rob and the kids picked me up from the hospital, we headed straight to his sister's home for a BBQ. One of the main reasons I did this is because I couldn't be at home alone with the baby because I still couldn't carry him because of my legs etc. So off we went to the BBQ pool party. The kids had a great time and I am glad we went. But boy, did I pay for it when we got home! I was beyond EXHAUSTED! My body went into full blown shutdown mode. I couldn't even hardly get up off the couch to walk up the stairs. After blacking out a few times, Rob helped me up the stairs and into bed. I am hoping for a better 4th of July next year.
Jaxson with his grandparents
Jaxson with Grandpa Peacock
Jaxson and Uncle James
Look at those feet!
Jaxson and Aunt Brooke
Our little 4th of July baby!
(THANKS TO JAMES AND BROOKE FOR THE GREAT PICTURES!)

1 comment:

Chief said...

I am so glad to have an update! I really hope you are feeling better in August! See you soon!