Monday, November 10, 2008

Accident Update

I wanted to give a quick update on the status of our car accidents. So, first about Rob. He has his new Honda Civic (although I know deep down inside he misses driving the hot blue mini van to work!). Unfortunately, he is still having pain in his left shoulder. He is having to do physical therapy 3 times a week. He has some soft tissue damage and muscle damage that they are working on. He is supposed to schedule an MRI when he gets a free minute. We will be finding out more about his settlement once we know more detail of his injuries. As far as my accident, it is still quite complicated. I finally got my Sequoia back. It cost over $5000 to fix it! I couldn't believe that. After really thinking about it, I think my accident was a lot worse than I originally thought because I was so focused on Rob and his accident that I don't think I even remotely realized the severity of my accident. Anyway, we have the car back. I had both of my MRI's done last week. One on my lower back where it is still very painful with the pain going all the way down my left leg. And one MRI on my lower neck where it also still hurts a lot and is completely numb. I just heard back that the MRI's show that I have a herniated disc in my lower back and also a herniated disc in my neck with also a torn disc in my neck. So now, I get to see a neurosurgeon to find out what to do next. We now are starting the battle of getting the guy who hit me to take responsibility which will be an uphill battle. I am in pain pretty much all the time with it being worse usually at night. I'm not supposed to lift or sit at the computer or work too much. So, that is the update. Thanks to everyone who has asked about us and kept us in your thoughts and prayers. We really appreciate it!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Oh Marci, I can't believe what you guys are going through!!? My heck. Did you and Juliann get together a few weeks ago and say "let's see who can have more crap happen." =0) I love the updates, me and James were cracking up about the "Rock in his bumma". You guys are such a cute family!

Dorey said...

Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys {Seriously!!!} I hope you feel better soon. =)

Angela said...

I'm so sorry about all this. Accidents are literally pains in the neck for so long after the fact. Please continue to keep up updated with everything that is happening and we'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Doney Days said...

I hear ya about the whole back pain stuff. I've been rear-ended 4 times and I have neck and back problems. Now that I'm prego, it's worse! It's so frusterating! I stil can't believe you guys had both your accidents in 1 day! CRAZY!!!