Tuesday, October 7, 2008

OUCH!

So, I know it is common to have some pain after an accident, but WOW I didn't expect this. Rob felt his injuries immediately after his accident and is still recovering from those. I fully expected this because of the severity of his accident. But me, on the other hand, I didn't think I would be hurting much at all. It didn't appear that my accident was very severe and I was in my big Sequoia, so I didn't think much about it. Until the next day came and the next and the next etc. I have been in awful pain with my back and neck and I have literally had some form of a headache since last Wednesday. By Sunday it was so bad, I couldn't even look at any light and was throwing up and dizzy. (Sorry for the details). This doesn't even include the re-injury to my toe. AARGH! I am praying that it goes away, but I'm sure it isn't going to leave on its own so I am going to have to go to either a chiropractor or a physical therapist. My regular doctor has suggested a PT, but a lot of people have suggested a chiropractor. I would LOVE any insight, personal experience, advice, etc.

4 comments:

Dorey said...

I hope that you start feeling better soon and that the DR prescribes you something strong! ;) I've been to the chiropractor a couple of times with bad neck pain and I swear they can work wonders. Let me know if there is anything you need OK. TTYL

Stacy said...

I think the P.T. will help you more for the long run! Let me know if you find a good one. I Don't know if you know, but, I've had a horrible back for close to 10 years. It's my own fault (I was really rough on it w/ gymnastics, dance, karate, and a bad sledding accident etc) but I haven't disiplined myself to see a P.T. yet. I think a chiropractor would just be a ... Read Moretemporary fix. Can you do both? That may be even better!

Stacy said...

oh crap! I tried to copy and paste from facebook. That didn't work too well. I meant to say a chiropractor would be more of a temporary fix I think. Can you do both the chiropractor for temporary and the P.T. for the long term?

Jen Peacock said...

FROGLEY CHIROPRACTIC Run by Jenny Frogley's husband SCOTTand his brother COREY FROGLEY. They are chiropractors and have physical therapists as part of the treatment as well in the same office. JJ would get adjusted and then go straight over to PT to be stretched. They are near I-15 and in South Jordan somewhere if that 's still where the office is. google and I'm sure you'll find! Jen