Monday, October 13, 2008

Accident(s) Update...

I have had quite a few people ask for an update on Rob and I and our recovery from our accidents. So here is how things are going.
  • Rob is doing okay, not great, but okay. His left shoulder is still really bothering him and our doctor has ordered an MRI and a trip to the physical therapist.
  • Rob's car is officially totaled. Now comes the fun of trying to find another car, which wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't just done this for Rob 10 months ago when we bought his new Honda. He is now on the hunt for another Honda Civic.
  • He still has some neck and back pain, especially after sitting at a desk all day and working on a computer. But we definitely realize how much worse it could have been.
  • Marci is not doing as well...shocking, I know. I went to the physical therapist last week to discover that I have a herniated disc in my lower back and whiplash all the way up my back, neck, etc. I have continued to have awful headaches, including 3 full blown migraines. I guess there can be an onset of migraines after an accident like this. I am also supposed to get an MRI to find out which disc is herniated and how bad it is.
  • The "good" news is that because my back and head hurt so bad, it has made me almost forget my stupid toe injury! :o)
  • I got strep throat over the weekend...nothing to do with the accident, just some more "fun" I thought I'd throw in there.
  • Unfortunately, my case isn't going to be easy at all to deal with. The other driver in my accident is contesting what happened so it will be messy, drawn out, and overall a complete pain.
  • Due to all of this, we have opted not to have McKell and Ashlee's tonsil surgery tomorrow.

So, that is the update on us. We'll keep you posted as we know more. Thanks for the thoughts, prayers, concern, and humor. We really appreciate it.

7 comments:

Stacy said...

So Suckful! Hey I'm happy your toe is doing better =) Ew, I hate drivers that won't admit fault, we just went throught that like a week after we had Carter Court totalled our Infiniti and the driver was kinda the same. Marci, please call if you need help. I am mostly always home. I do most of my work from home. Once in a while I'm out and about but seriously call anytime. I am here!

Abes and Stace said...

I'm not sure what kind of car you are looking for as far as "newness" goes, but my sister is selling her 98' Honda Accord for 5k. It has 116k miles on it which is pretty good for that year. If you want just a get to work and back, reliable car that would be it.
We were going to buy it, but are probably going to buy Abe's parents '99 Accord which has 220k miles on it and runs like a champ.
:)

Dorey said...

I hate dealing with the insurance companies and with stupid people! I hope you all feel better soon and that you will let me know if you need anything. (I could watch the kids while you two go on a car shopping date) =) TTYL

Brooke said...

Ugghh!! What a jerk! I figured he would be like this after the way he acted when the accident happened. I can't believe what you guys are going through right now. =( I hope you both get better soon. I'm glad you were able to reschedule the surgery. And I'm also glad your toe has been forgotten, although I just reminded you of it, so now it probably hurts again...=0)

Angela said...

Thanks for the update. We were wondering how things were going. I wish I could make things better...so sorry that this is so awful. Good luck.

Juliann said...

As I've said before - we're driving the car off the cliff. Together.

regibells said...

Hang in there! You are such a STRONG lady. I can't beleive this happened!