Thursday, October 30, 2008

Autumn Leaves

Every year, since we moved back to Utah, we have made it a tradition to go up into the canyon and look at the autumn leaves and collect a few as well. We usually go up Butterfield Canyon which is about 5 minutes from our home. We get dinner at Artic Circle and have a picnic and then off we go to look at leaves. Each of the kids gets a little bag to collect some leaves and acorns. The smell alone is worth the trip to me. It smells just glorious! This year was a lot of fun because Sadie was older and could pick some leaves as well. As I sat on the picnic blanket with Sadie watching my 3 older kids run through the trees and autumn leaves it once again made me realize how truly blessed I am. It also reaffirmed to me why these little moments of just taking a trip up to the canyon each year during the fall, are so meaningful and memorable to my family.

Ashlee, McKell & Cayden - the 3 amigos

Sadie and Rob hunting for leaves

Ashlee on the hunt!
As you can see, Sadie was VERY excited to be outside!



1 comment:

Dorey said...

Cute pictures. I love the fall, hopefully it lasts a little longer. =)