Thursday, May 20, 2010

"I ride him on my bum?"

I love listening to Sadie and all of her fun phrases. She has an amazing vocabulary and amazes me all the time with the things she says.

Today, the twins had a field trip at Wheeler Farm. They really wanted me to come, so I loaded Sadie and Jaxson up in the car and met them at the farm.

On the way there, Sadie asked me where we were going. I told her we were going to the farm to see the animals. That immediately peaked her interest. The following was the dialogue...

Sadie: Mommy, we go to the farm?
Me: Yes Sadie. We're going to see lots of animals!
Sadie: We see a horse!?
Me: Yes
Sadie: I ride the horse on my bum!?
Me (cracking up): No, you can't ride the horse.
Sadie: I ride the cow on my bum?
Me (cracking up more): No, you can't ride the cow.
We continue this same thing with pretty much every farm animal she can think of. Sadie thinks for a long time....
Sadie: I know!
Me: What?
Sadie: I ride the elephant on my bum!
She was so proud of herself, I didn't have the heart to tell her that there were no elephants at the farm and even if there were, she wouldn't be riding them on her "bum".

No comments: