Monday, January 5, 2009

Holiday Decor

So before I take it all down, I wanted to post my holiday decorations. Anyone who knows me, knows I go a little overboard on the holiday decor, but I love it. Putting it away is not ever as fun, but we have fun decorating for Christmas. Here are a few highlights.
The Family Christmas Tree straight from Eureka. This is the tree with all of the ornaments we have collected over the years. Every year the kids each get a new ornament representing something they have done that year.
One of the many Christmas trees. This is my snowman tree with all of my snowman ornaments I have collected.

Can you tell I LOVE snowmen? This is the top of the entertainment stand. Rob thinks it is funny to do a yearly "Snowman Count". I know we were close to 100 last time he counted.

This is my nostalgia shelf in my kitchen. Most of the items on top are heirlooms from my Grandma Neilson. The little elf on top of the Happy Holidays sign is "Pixie Peeps". She makes her appearance at the beginning of the Christmas season. She is a special helper to Santa and every night after the kids go to bed, she goes and reports to Santa how the kids have been that day. Every day when they wake up, she is in a different spot. The "Believe" banner is the one I made with Tiff and the girls a while back.

My kitchen window sill

Our fireplace

The Family Stockings

The front room

My Christmas village. I got this when I lived in Japan. The kids and I LOVE setting this up every year.

This is our front door. This is where we hang up all of the holiday cards we receive. As you can see, the ones on the bottom have all gone "missing" because they are the ones that Sadie can reach. The cute "Joy" banner is from Dorey. Thanks Dorey!!

Our formal front room tree

My nativities on our piano. The one on the left is one I got from Japan. The one on the right is my new Willow Tree set.

Basement door
Finally, this may not look like much, but to me it is a treasured heirloom. My mom made this in Relief Society when we were kids. We LOVED getting to take turns picking out a felt ornament from the pockets each day to count down the days before Christmas. A few years back, my mom surprised me with it. I was SO thrilled! My kids have followed tradition and also LOVE doing the calendar every night before bed.

1 comment:

Anjeanette said...

I LOVE all your Christmas decorations. I have realized I do not have that many, and have slowly started collecting more things. We also put all of our cards on our front door, and I have the exact same calendar countdown, that my mother-in-law made me. Too funny. My kids love it also. Bummer you have to clean it all up now.