Sunday, July 12, 2009

Grateful

I know things have been a little "bumpy" around here lately. So today, I wanted to focus on some things that I am grateful for.

-I am grateful for healthy children. In the past 2 weeks, we have dealt with hand foot mouth disease, stomach flu, jaundice, and strep throat. To say that I am grateful for healthy children, is an understatement! For the most part, we are all doing well. Ashlee is still getting back on her feet from an awful case of stomach flu, but they are all doing well.
-I am grateful that my big kids are good helpers. Cayden follows after his dad and takes good care of me. It is really sweet. The girls are also good helpers. McKell seems to have the magic touch with Jaxson and can get him all cuddled in and sleeping.
-I am grateful for an amazing ward that has brought in dinners, gifts, and goodies for us. They have been so great and I really am so thankful for the service that we have received. We have received so much love and support. Having dinner brought in has been such an enormous help. We are so grateful for this!
-I am grateful for Priesthood blessings. We have had quite a few over the past few weeks and I know they have helped. I am grateful for our neighbor who came quickly to give Ashlee a blessing with Rob when she was so sick.
-I am grateful for family and their love and support.
-I am grateful for our garden that has continued to grow, even though we haven't been doing much with it. Look what we had today!
-I am grateful for Rob's time off. Of course we didn't even realize how this would be a blessing to us over the past year, but we have been very careful with how much work Rob has taken off. We are SO grateful for this now as he has been able to be home with me and not have it affect his pay etc. I could not have done this without his help!
-We are so very grateful for our sweet little baby boy who is healthy and doing well. He has already brought such a special spirit and so much love into our home. He is doing well and we all love him so much!
There are so many more things I could write down, but those are just a few.

We continue to try and get back on our feet day by day. My health is not returning as quickly as I would like. I am very used to getting back on my feet rather quickly after having a baby. So this has been all so new to me and a real struggle. I am amazed at how my mind can be saying "go go go" and my body just does not comply. I am still incredibly weak and not feeling great. I know now that some of that is due to the fact that I hadn't fully gotten all my strength back after having the flu so bad before Jaxson was born. But every day I am trying to make progress. I can now at least carry Jaxson. I am working my way up to being able to lift Sadie.

This week will be a big transition as Rob goes back to work. He is off for a few more days and then will try half-days. I am so grateful for him and all he has done to pull our family through this tough time. Grateful indeed.

5 comments:

Juliann said...

Love the pictures...I'm just dying to see Jaxson, seriously. I'm so impressed with your garden!

Jenn said...

We have been keeping you in our prayers! We are grateful to have you as our friends!

Chief said...

He is precious! You have trained your "helpers" well.

Cammie said...

I am glad you are all among the living! He is beautiful!!

LeShel said...

i just read your last several months of posts; BUSY!
congrats on your beautiful son, sorry to hear about all the crazy at the same time.