Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend

I know I'm a bit behind, but here are a few highlights from last weekend. I went down on Wednesday night to help my Mom get ready for Thanksgiving. I do this every year, but this year was extra fun because I took McKell with me. It really was a special generational moment with me, my mom, and my daughter all in the kitchen together preparing for Thanksgiving. Something I think we will do from now on for sure. The next day was spent getting pies made, rolls made, etc. I am always in charge of making the "Grandma Steedman Rolls". They weren't as good as I would have liked, but they seemed to get eaten. We had a wonderful meal at my parents' home with 31 of us there. The food was amazing...especially ALL those pies! On Saturday we did the annual Christmas tree hunt out in Eureka. We have gone out to Eureka for Christmas trees ever since I was a child. My mom's family is from this small mining town and we LOVE going out in the mountains every year and actually chopping down our Christmas tree. Afterwards, we came to our house for the traditional sloppy joe dinner, wassail, hot chocolate, and a warm fire. It was a great weekend!

Just some of the huge crew at Thanksgiving dinner!
Sadie and my nephew, Justin. She was fascinated with him when he would chomp the celery sticks. She was so proud of herself when she figured out how to do it too!

Look at ALL of those yummy pies!

Some of my handsome (and apparently hairy) nephews!

My "Grandma Steedman" rolls


Sadie is ready to EAT!!
The Peacocks have found their Christmas Tree! (Sadie's face cracks me up!)

Sweet little Sadie was in heaven being outside all day! She is our little outdoors girl!

The kids thought it was great to get to ride in the trailer.

Sadie pretty much summing it up...after a long and fun day she fell sound asleep on my brother's 4 wheeler when we took her for a ride and didn't wake up until we got home.

3 comments:

Anjeanette said...

Looks like fun. I love all the traditions you all do every year. Makes it so fun and memorable for your kids. Good job on the rolls....look yummy!

Dorey said...

That's amazing that your family all get together every year. It looks like a lot of fun! Don't you just love having a big family? It makes it hard to get together sometimes but I wouldn't trade it for anything. =)

Juliann said...

LOVE Sadie in all of these!! She's hilarious!